The House system is now an integral part of academy life, allowing every student and member of staff to feel a sense of belonging by being a member of Ermine, Fosse, Lindum or Watling.
By being a member of the House family, students and staff are encouraged to show team spirit as all of the Houses thrive on the ethos of “It’s the taking part that counts”
By launching a positive House system we aim to:
• Promote wider participation in a range of activities across the school’s provision
• Enhance the pastoral life of the school
• Develop competition and pride in one’s House
• Develop opportunities for leadership
• Introduce individual and collective responsibility
Each student wears a tie with coloured stripes indicating to which house they belong. With regular assemblies and competitions taking place this breaks down barriers between year groups and creates a sense of togetherness; encouraging older students to get to know and support the younger members of the House.
At the end of the Winter and Summer terms, an assembly is held to celebrate the success of individuals, teams and houses.